Web Accessibility Statement for www.hideawaystorage.com
Hide-Away Storage is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We believe all persons should be able to access our site and are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Hide-Away Storage are currently taking the following measures to ensure accessibility of the hideawaystorage.com website:
- As of May 2022. Conducting an accessibility audit against WCAG 2.1 AA criterion for our entire site.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas as we redesign our website (May 2022).
- Integrate accessibility criteria into our development practices.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Currently, the Hide-Away Storage website conforms or partially conforms to most level AA criteria. It does not conform to several WCAG 2.1 criteria including:
- 1.1.1 Non-text Content.
- Some images lack ALT+Text descriptions.
- Some links lack defining descriptions and ALT+Text.
- Some controls and sliders lack defining descriptions.
- 1.3.1. Info and Relationships.
- Menu items are reported as both links and collapsible menus.
- Some controls lack accessible names.
- 1.3.2 Meaningful Sequence
- Some menu items are not part of a logical sequence.
- A logical tab sequence may not extend through all pages.
- 1.4.3 Contrast Minimum
- Some text may lack sufficient contrast from background colors.
- 2.1. Keyboard Accessible
- Some content and interactive elements are not operable via a keyboard.
- 3.2.3. Consistent Navigation
- Some navigational elements and controls do not occur in the same order across the site.
- 4.1.2. Name, Role, & Value
- Some controls and interactive elements (including custom widgets) do not identify names, roles, or states to assistive technology to include screen readers.
- 4.1.3. Status Messages
- Some status messages and changes may not be programmatically determined or passed to assistive technology.
- Best Practices
- Some page elements are not included in page landmarks.
As of May 2022, the Hide-Away Storage website is currently undergoing an audit from a third-party accessibility company. Our goal is to fully comply with WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Hide-Away Storage. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our site.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We strive to respond to feedback within 2-3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
While we are in the process of an accessibility audit and site redesign, we recommend the following assistive technologies for the most accessible experience:
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on Mac OS.
- Google Chrome with NVDA on Windows.
- Google Chrome with JAWS on Windows.
The Hide-Away Storage website may not be compatible with:
- browsers older than three major versions
- mobile operating systems older than three years.
Users attempting to access the Hide-Away Storage website on mobile devices may experience some difficulty identifying menu items, images, and some control elements.
The accessibility of the Hide-Away Storage website relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2-3 business days and propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.