Many Floridians consider Tampa one of the best cities in the state! And we’re here to tell you what makes it the best! Plus, all the information about the best neighborhoods in Tampa, FL, for every family. Whatever you like in a city, from culture to arts, cuisine, and entertainment, you can find it here in Tampa. Plus, some of the best beaches in the world and a wide variety of water-based sports and activities.
There are over 80 neighborhoods in Tampa, and they all have their particular charms. In fact, when moving to Tampa, the biggest problem for some is which neighborhood to choose! To help, we’ve broken the best communities down into categories. For example, you can find the best neighborhoods for families, retirees, or young professionals. With so many neighborhoods, there is one for everyone! So, if you’re searching for a place to call home under the Tampa sun, read on to discover the best neighborhood for you!
The Safest Neighborhoods in Tampa, Florida
Safety is a big concern for everyone today, and Tampa is no exception. The good news is that Tampa’s crime rate is about 20% lower than the national average! That makes it safer than over 30% of the cities in the U.S. So, let’s find the safest Tampa, FL neighborhood for you and your family!
- Safety Harbor. Situated right on the Gulf, Safety Harbor is as safe as its name! However, few young families live here as it’s more of a retirement community.
- Parkland Estates. Close to Tampa’s downtown, Parkland Estates is exceedingly safe. However, it’s also exceedingly expensive and one of the priciest communities in the city.
- Oldsmar. Located in the northwestern part of Tampa, Oldsmar is the 8th safest neighborhood in Florida. The community is also known for having some of the loveliest parks in the area.
- Beach Park. A waterfront neighborhood, Beach Park is loaded with first-class condos and apartments. The residents here enjoy Bayshore Boulevard for shopping and Beach Park’s proximity to downtown.
- Harbour Island. Considered to be the safest community near Tampa’s downtown area. It’s also an actual island with a bridge that connects it to the mainland.
The Best Neighborhoods in Tampa, FL for Families
Thanks to the wonderful weather and beaches, many young families live in Florida. The neighborhoods below are also known for having excellent schools, lovely parks, and low crime rates. Sounds pretty perfect!
- Tampa Palms. This master-planned community offers a childcare center and five fantastic parks. One, Lettuce Lake Park, even has a lake for fishing and kayaking!
- Hyde Park. Safe, gorgeous, and in a district with top schools are the big draws for Hyde Park. It’s also historic and offers exciting nightlife and delicious dining. One caveat; it’s one of the most expensive communities in Tampa, FL.
- Land O’ Lakes. This community is one of the most affordable in Tampa, FL. Also, Land O’ Lakes High School, one of the Top 10 schools in Florida, is located here. What’s not here is traffic, crime, and the craziness of being near a major city.
- Lutz. Two of the city’s best school districts serve Lutz, making it a great choice for families. Also, it’s outside the city, which makes it more affordable and safe.
- Palma Ceia. The top High School in Tampa makes Palma Ceia a great place to raise a family. The fact that there’s 74% less crime is also a huge draw.
The Most Walkable Neighborhoods in Tampa
Living in a walkable neighborhood is a big plus, especially for singles and parents with kids. The neighborhoods below make it possible with plenty of trails, higher safety levels, and less traffic. In each of the following Tampa, FL neighborhoods, you’ll be able to enjoy a comfortable and walkable community!
- Downtown Tampa. Super walkable, Downtown Tampa offers everything you could want within walking distance! Even better, trolleys and public transport can take you to entertainment, the beach, and shopping!
- Ybor City. Tampa’s entertainment district is also highly walkable as well as being historic and safe.
- Seminole Heights. Further from downtown, this lovely Tampa community has excellent restaurants and shopping. It also has a great mix of families, singles, and retirees who walk to shopping, restaurants, and parks.
- Hyde Park North. Hyde Park Village is the big draw in Hyde Park North for folks who love to shop. The historic bungalows in this Tampa, FL neighborhood are a great feature, and walking to restaurants and entertainment is a breeze.
The Best Neighborhoods for Young Professionals
Young professionals looking for a place to call home in Tampa will find it in the following neighborhoods. They’ll also find outstanding nightlife and entertainment along with access to top beaches.
- Channel District. Some say this is the very best neighborhood in Tampa for young professionals. It’s walkable, exciting, has phenomenal waterfront views, and is close to downtown.
- Historic Ybor. Part of Ybor City, Historic Ybor offers a quick commute to downtown Tampa. The nightlife here is top-notch, and there’s live music playing somewhere seven nights a week!
- Courier City-Oscawana. Cozy, affordable bungalows make this Tampa community very attractive for your professionals. There’s also Howard Ave and its treasure trove of great bars and trendy restaurants!
The Best Neighborhoods in Tampa, FL for Retirees
Retirees flock to Tampa, FL, like children to free candy! The neighborhoods below have excellent healthcare providers, senior-focused amenities, and close beaches.
- Beach Park. Waterfront views of Old Tampa Bay attract many seniors to this lovely community. Also, the proximity to Tampa International Airport makes it convenient for snowbirds. In addition, Beach park has great shopping and fine dining.
- Sunset Park. Quiet and safe, Sunset Park also has top-quality medical care. Not to mention that it’s one of the loveliest communities in Tampa, with beautiful, tree-lined streets and superb parks.
- Bayshore Gardens. Extremely safe, walkable, and affordable, Bayshore Gardens is a favorite for retirees. High-rise condos with phenomenal waterfront views are also a big draw.
Brought to You by Hide-Away Storage
Before leaving your current home, we recommend reserving a storage unit in Tampa, FL. The reason? It will be here and waiting when you arrive, so you can immediately store your things safely! That will give you all the time you need to find the perfect Tampa neighborhood for your specific needs! Questions about renting storage units in Tampa, Florida? If yes, chat with Hide-Away online or visit our Tampa self-storage center and meet the on-site manager. They can help you decide which Tampa storage units are best for your particular needs.
We hope that this information has helped you find the best Tampa, FL neighborhood for you. Until you arrive, we wish you the very best of luck finding your new forever home here in terrific Tampa, Florida!