If you’re looking for a vibrant, sunny destination to enjoy in winter, there are few better than St. Petersburg, Florida. With a wealth of activities to enjoy, including superb beaches, plenty of culture, and family-friendly adventures, St. Petersburg has something for everyone!
The information below will be perfect to help you enjoy yourself to the fullest while visiting! It’s a list of the best things to do in St. Petersburg, FL, for fun and relaxation, brought to you by the storage expert at Hide-Away Storage!
Enjoy a Day at the Beach
One of the top reasons people visit St. Petersburg is the gorgeous Gulf Coast beaches. With turquoise waters, white sugar sand, and plenty of sunshine, the entire family will thoroughly enjoy a day at the beach in St. Pete. Some of the best beaches in St. Petersburg include Saint Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach, and Fort De Soto Beach, which is also a park.
Visit Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
A little less than an hour from St. Petersburg is Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and all of the excitement you can handle! Busch Gardens offers a fun and exciting day for children and adults with thrilling rides, a wildlife safari, and live entertainment!
Snorkeling in the Gulf of Mexico
Although subject to occasional storms, when the Gulf of Mexico is calm and tranquil, its waters are crystal clear and inviting. That makes snorkeling a true delight and something more than a little exciting! With vibrant marine life, several amazing shipwrecks, and plenty of incredible sea creatures, snorkeling around St. Pete is a blast!
The Great Explorations Children’s Museum
A place made specifically for children, Great Explorations Children’s Museum Is the first museum in the United States with a licensed preschool. They focus on learning through creativity, exploration, and play and have a wide variety of activities for your youngest family members to enjoy. The museum offers several interactive exhibits designed to spark creativity and curiosity, including science, culture, and art-based activities.
Dolphin and Manatee Tours
Although you can often see them from the shore in St. Petersburg, it’s best to take a tour if you want to get up close and personal with dolphins and manatees. You will see these amazing creatures up close, and the best tour guides know exactly where to go and how to treat these wild creatures with respect and reverence.
Morean Arts Center
The Morean Arts Center Is considered the city’s cultural hub and celebrates the world of contemporary art. It was founded with a true passion for creativity and offers a range of art experiences that are not only diverse but inspire and engage visitors. The exhibits change frequently, and the museum also holds several workshops and classes throughout the year, a plus if you’re keen on learning something new and exciting.
The oldest and arguably most interesting museum in St. Pete is the Sunken Gardens, a botanical paradise in the center of this bustling city. As a visitor, you can meander through the lush pathways in the gardens, surrounded by gorgeous tropical plants, serene ponds, and several cascading waterfalls. The centerpiece, however, is their breathtaking collection of exotic plants, including hibiscus, blooms, orchids, and bromeliads.
The Dali Museum
Like the man himself, the Dali Museum is unique, eclectic, and unforgettable. It features the work of surrealist painter Salvador Dali, a legend in the art world. The museum is a surreal masterpiece and houses one of the most extensive collections of Dali’s work outside his home country of Spain. That includes paintings, personal artifacts, sculptures, and much more, providing an immersive experience that takes you deep into the mind of an artistic genius.
Dine at One of St. Pete’s Excellent Restaurants
One of the best reasons to live along the Gulf Coast is the seafood; Saint Petersburg does not disappoint! Below is a list of the 10 best restaurants in St. Petersburg, with a few notes about why they’re so highly regarded.
- Red Mesa Restaurant – Featuring Mexican and Southwestern cuisine, they serve up their street tacos and enchiladas in a vibrant, exciting setting.
- Parkshore Grill- Upscale and specializing in seafood and steaks, this elegant restaurant has excellent service.
- Rococo Steak – An old-timey steakhouse with a modern twist, Rococo Steak offers an extensive wine list and a trendy atmosphere.
- Il Ritorno – Contemporary Italian cuisine is on the menu at this fresh, innovative restaurant.
- Sea Salt St. Pete – A seafood-centric menu that features fresh Gulf Coast catches every day. You’ll also be amazed at the extensive selection of artisanal salts.
- The Canopy Rooftop Lounge – With panoramic views of St. Petersburg’s waterfront and downtown, this restaurant is perfect for cocktails with friends!
- Noble Crust – A mix of southern comfort food with Italian cuisine, the wood-fired pizzas at the Noble Crust are delectable.
- Birch & Vine – If locally sourced ingredients and a rooftop lounge with stunning views of St. Petersburg are what you seek, this is the place!
- Locale Market – Various gourmet food vendors greet you at Locale Market, offering everything from sushi and pastries to world-class cheeses.
- The Mill Restaurant – Farm-to-table fresh, locally sourced ingredients? Yes, please!
Store Your Things Safely in St. Pete with Hide-Away
Whether you’ve just arrived in St. Petersburg or you’ve lived here your entire life, when you need to store things safely, Hide-Away makes storage easy. From household belongings to boat storage and more, Hide-Away Is your best choice for storage in St. Petersburg. Local businesses store with us also, including supplies, overstock, tools, and rental equipment.
Hide-Away self storage in Saint Petersburg offers some of the best features and benefits in the storage industry, including 24/7 video security, convenient drive-up storage units, and climate-controlled storage units that keep your belongings from being exposed to extreme heat. If you’re ready, you can reserve a St. Petersburg storage unit online in minutes with no deposit. Until then, we hope you thoroughly enjoy all the fun and exciting things to do in St. Petersburg, Florida!