There are a few cities in Florida as celebrated as Cape Coral. Known for beautiful weather year-round, Cape Coral provides a wonderful blend of family-friendly living, beautiful weather, and work-life balance. Cape Coral also has a thriving economy, plenty of employment opportunities, and excellent schools, making it a great place to raise a family. Many residents say that living in here often feels like you’re on permanent vacation. Continue reading if you want to know the best things to do this weekend. Hide-Away Storage, the storage experts in Florida, have put together the 18 best things to do in Cape Coral, FL, for you below!
1. Sun Splash Family Waterpark
Enjoy a fun day in the sun with the entire family at this awesome waterpark. It offers kid-friendly pools, exciting waterslides, and a lazy river.
2. Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve
A natural haven for spotting wildlife, kayaking in this beautiful preserve is a treat. It also offers many walking trails if you’re not a big fan of the water.
3. Rotary Park Environmental Center
Dedicated to protecting the environment, this center offers beautiful nature trails, guided nature walks, and a delightful butterfly garden.
4. Cape Coral Historical Museum
If you’re looking to dive into the rich history of Cape Coral, this museum is the perfect spot to start. It features several interactive displays, historical artifacts, and photographs from when Cape Coral was founded.
5. Coral Oaks Golf Course
One reason many retirees come to Cape Coral is the excellent golf courses in the area. Coral Oaks Golf Course is one of the best and features a fantastic driving range, an 18-hole course, and, for beginners, golf lessons with pros.
6. Yacht Club Community Park Beach
With plenty of picnic tables, barbecue grills, and even a fishing pier, this beach is perfect for a day out with the entire family. Be sure to bring plenty of water to stay hydrated and a football or frisbee to toss around!
7. Tarpon Point Marina
At Tarpon Point Marina, you can rent a boat, hire a charter boat for deep-sea fishing, or explore this beautiful marina. They also offer several dining and shopping options, making it an excellent spot for a fun day in Cape Coral.
8. Farmers’ Market
Florida is well-known for its fresh, local produce and artisanal goods. You can find them all at the Cape Coral Farmers Market, including seasonal fruits, freshly grown vegetables, and beautiful, handmade items.
9. Dolphin Tour Adventure
Several tour companies provide dolphin tours, one of the most exciting activities around here! A guided dolphin tour is perfect if you desire to see these intelligent and gorgeous creatures up close and personal!
10. Sirenia Vista Park
Looking for Florida’s aptly named “sea cow” the mild manatee? If so, a visit to Sirenia Vista Park is a great idea. You’ll also find kayaking, birdwatching, and fishing at this tranquil park.
11. Cape Coral Art League
Are you looking for art workshops and classes? If so, the Cape Coral Art League is the perfect place to start. It’s a local hub for artists and art enthusiasts and has exhibitions throughout the year.
12. Paddle Boarding at Matlacha Pass Aquatic Preserve
Paddle boarding is undoubtedly an exciting and fun sport. Enjoying paddle boarding at Matlacha Pass Aquatic Reserve is even better, thanks to its stunning location, beautiful surroundings, and abundant wildlife.
13. Gator Mike’s Family Fun Park
With batting cages, go-karts, and mini-golf, the kids will never turn down a day with the family at this fun park!
14. Cape Coral Festival of the Arts
The annual event showcases the local art and culture of Cape Coral. It also features live music, mesmerizing art exhibits, and delicious food vendors and food trucks.
15. Cultural Park Theatre
Cultural Park Theater is a community theater that presents a variety of shows throughout the year, including musicals, children’s theater, and dramas.
16. Lorne’s Art Gallery
Featuring works by international and local artists, this art gallery is one of the best in Cape Coral. It also features a wide range of artistic jewelry that is unique among museums.
17. Cape Coral Boat Rentals
Renting a boat to head out on the water is one of the most exciting things you can do in Cape Coral! A day on the Gulf will leave a lasting memory for you and your entire family!
18. Cape Coral’s Top 7 Restaurants
- Rumrunners- Known for its stunning waterfront views and exquisite seafood dishes, Rumrunners offers a perfect blend of ambiance and culinary excellence.
- Ford’s Garage- A unique dining experience with a 1920s service station-themed décor, Ford’s Garage is famous for its gourmet burgers and craft beers.
- Lobster Lady Seafood Market & Bistro- A seafood lover’s paradise, this bistro is known for its fresh seafood market, daily specials, and lively atmosphere.
- Ciao Wood-Fired Pizza and Trattoria- This cozy trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, highlighted by its wood-fired pizzas and homemade pasta, making it a local favorite.
- Fathoms Restaurant & Bar- Offering a modern, casual dining experience, Fathoms offers innovative cuisine, waterfront dining, and live entertainment.
- The Boathouse- On the waterfront, The Boathouse is ideal for a relaxing meal and is famous for its stunning sunset views.
- Iguana Mia- Known for its flavorful dishes, this Mexican eatery offers festive décor and fantastic margaritas, making it popular among locals and visitors.
Hide-Away Helps You Store Your Things Safely in Cape Coral
Whether you’re a new arrival or a longtime Cape Coral resident, Hide-Away Storage can help you store your things safely in Cape Coral, FL. With various storage unit sizes, plus the top security and safety features, storing a single room or an entire home in one of our Cape Coral storage units is a great choice! Hide-Away offers 2 self storage facilities in Cape Coral. Whatever you need to store, your things will be safe and sound with Hide-Away. When you’re ready, reserve a storage unit online today!